1 1/2 C. GF flour blend
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 C. butter, softened
1 C. sugar (I use less)
1 C. brown sugar (I use less)
3 Tbsp. hot water
1 tsp. vanilla
3 C. GF rolled oats
2 C. chopped walnuts
2 C. dried sweetened cranberries (Craisins)
1 C. coconut (I use more)
1) Sift together first three ingredients and set aside.
2) Blend next six ingredients together in stand mixer.
3) Add blended dry ingredients and oats alternately to the blended wet ingredients in the stand mixer, incorporating well after each addition.
4) Blend in nuts, cranberries, and coocnut, in that order, incorporating well after each addition.
5) Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a metal cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
6) Bake at 375 degrees for 10-11 minutes.
7) Let rest 2-3 minutes before carefully transfering to wire racks for cooling. (Otherwise they will fall apart! If you're in a hurry, just tranfer the whole parchment paper to the racks. And yes, you can re-use the parchment paper for baking all the batches.)
This makes 4 dozen small cookies. (I haven't tried making larger cookies. I'm not sure they'd stay together well without crumbling.)