Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Cheri's Yummy Homemade Limemade

Again, from my friend Cheri. I'll post for her...

So................your Sonic drinks put me in a mood for a limeade after you left and I was thinking I'd head down there for happy hour, not knowing it had already passed. Then I tried to get Tashia to get me one on her way home, but she was late for another outing and I couldn't even get my very adventurous neighbor to get her feet out of her pond long enough to run down there. I lost my motivation to head out, but found a great recipe. It's a bit different, but so lovely....I'm sure I'm hooked.
1/2 c lime juice (I used bottled)
2 c water
1/4 - 1/2 c sugar
5 or so ice cubes
1 1/2 c frozen fruit
Put all in the blender except the ice cubes. Add them one at a time after initial blending. The fruit I had was a mixed bag of raspberry, blackberry, blueberry, strawberry. I only had a cup of fruit and it was plenty. Yummmmmmmmmmmmm. I still served it over lots of ice.

No comments: