Thursday, June 12, 2014

Roasted Spring Mix

The original recipe appears here, but here's what I did with the ingredients I had on hand. Everyone called it a keeper, and it was so easy!!

1 box/bag mixed baby or spring greens
Olive oil
Red wine vinegar
SPG
Crumbled feta
Shredded Parmesan
Sliced Campari tomatoes
High-quality balsamic vinegar
Walnuts

I hand tossed the greens (enough to totally fill my large Pampered Chef stoneware bar pan)  with a splash of olive oil and red wine vinegar and a light sprinkling of SPG.  I spread them in the bar pan, topped with sliced tomatoes, then topped with crumbled feta and shredded parmesan cheese. I finished with a light drizzle of high-quality balsamic vinegar all over it and a few hand-broken walnuts, then roasted it in the oven for 5 minutes at 400 degrees. Delicious!  See the original recipe for different suggestions for variety. Yum!

No comments: