Saturday, August 13, 2011

Chicken Marinade for the Grill

This recipe was originally shared with me from my friend Darla as "Marinade to Die For."  I've modified it slightly from the original (as noted).  We find it works best with boneless skinless chicken thighs.

1 can lemon-lime soda (I use Mountain Dew)
1/3 C. steak sauce
1/2 stick butter* (The original recipe called for a whole stick, but I use only half, and it is plenty.)
4 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
garlic salt (I use SPG)
* In place of butter I’ve also used avocado oil with good results.

Marinate chicken for several hours.  (We like it best if marinated for 15-24 hours!) Grill until thoroughly done and slightly crisped around the edges.  (It makes a neat, crispy edge if you grill it this long.  It is only possible without drying the chicken out if you use boneless chicken thighs.)

I usually serve this with Baked Rice and marinated grilled veggies. Yum!

No comments: