Saturday, November 5, 2011

Janet's Broccoli Grape Salad

This recipe is from my friend Janet.  I always double it when I make it for my family, and triple or quadruple it when I take it somewhere.  There's never any left.

1 bunch broccoli, cut up (peeled stalks, too!)
1 bunch green onion, chopped with a few tops
     (You can use a little white onion chopped very fine.)
3-4 C. seedless red grapes, halved
     (You can use Craisins or leave these out entirely.)
3 Tbsp. cooked, chopped bacon (opt.)
1/4 C. toasted sliced almonds
      (350 degrees for 3 minutes)

Dressing:
1 C. mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip!)
1/3 C. sugar
1 Tbsp. vinegar
      (apple cider, white wine, or rice vinegar are nice)

Put dressing and almonds on salad just before serving.

This has become a holiday favorite around here, usually as a side with the Popeye's chicken and biscuits that my in-laws bring on their way into town before any holiday gathering.  

No comments: