Saturday, June 20, 2015

Glazed Kielbasa Pineapple Bites

The original recipe appears here. I used the following modified version for Jessica's shower:

Kielbasa, sliced
1 20-oz. can pineapple chunks, drained and with juice reserved
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. sweet chili sauce
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. pineapple juice (reserved from can)

1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.

2) Place a piece of pineapple on top of a slice of kielbasa, wide side up, and secure with a toothpick.

3) Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and brush glaze onto tops and sides of bites.

4) Bake for 15-20 minutes until warmed through and slightly browned.

5) Let cool slightly, but serve warm.

NOTE: I added a bit of Pineapple-Habanero Sauce, a pre-fab bottle I had bought at Costco to use for the meatballs. It gave it a bit of a kick that I liked. I may add a splash of jalapeño vinegar (juice from the jar of pickled jalapeño slices) next time, if I don't have that sauce on hand.

No comments: