Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Rise and Shine Baked Avocado

My husband sent me this recipe and asked me to post it here. I'm sure it was originally from a website, but I'm not sure which one. I found it posted here and here with a Google search, and who knows how many other places it's posted. Hope that's sufficient acknowledgement.

1 avocado, cut in half with pit removed
2 eggs
1/2 tsp Mexican seasoning (cumin, garlic, oregano, chili powder)
1/4 C. grated cheddar
crumbled bacon (optional)
diced green onion or chives (optional)
salsa
SPG, to taste

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

2. Place avocado halves into a baking dish and stabilize them with a little foil if needed.

3. Crack one egg into each empty pit of your avocado halves. You can scoop out a bit of the avocado if you need more room for the egg. (Pop the yolk if you don't desire to have it bake whole.)

4. Season with a bit of SPG. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp. of Mexican seasoning on each egg-filled avocado.

5. Top each seasoned half with shredded cheese (and optional crumbled bacon, if using) and bake for 10-15minutes.

6. Remove from the oven, top with salsa (and optional green onions or chives, if using), and enjoy.

No comments: